Living a life of purpose isn’t about affecting the world, it’s about affecting your life.
One of the reason I enjoy podcasting and want to make Evolving Life the best I can make it is because I feel as if I am sharing the human experience. As humans, we all have so much in common. I think a lot of us are so busy living our lives, some of us struggling through it we don’t realize that others are having similar experiences. I believe that when we realize that we have commonality with others and we see how others deal with similar issues; it helps us in so many ways. It helps us to be stronger, to keep trying, and to solve our personal problems more easily.
I want to share something else I think many of us have in common. Finding and embracing what our purpose is in life. The reality is most of us struggle to understand what we want from life. Whether we are in our 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s. Even if we completed all the major life events like finish school, find our life partner, had children, and a career.
Let’s explore what life’s purpose is, and share 7 steps to discovering yours according to one of the most prolific and inspirational coach there is, Tony Robbins.
- What life purpose is, and what it isn’t.
- Doing things that are aligned with your values can help you find your life purpose.
- Two key figures who’ve lived their life’s purpose and why.
- Tony Robbins has seven steps for finding your life purpose.
- Why writing your eulogy is a bad idea
Episode at a glance
- [2:13] How do you discover your life’s purpose? Using Anthony Robbins’s process is a great place to start.
- [6:01] Reflecting inward – Everything you need is within you.
- [6:23] Put purpose before goals – We should ask ourselves if the things we want to accomplish will fulfil us.
- [6:46] Take Ownership of your life – Don’t be a victim in your own life.
- [7:10] Develop your life vision – It’s a roadmap to guide you in the right direction.
- [7:50] Embrace and Acceptance – Embrace the person you are, flaws and all.
- [8:20] Find your community – Your circle of influence can help you find your purpose.
- [9:28] Think about what brings you joy – It’s a catalyst that will open the door to other experiences such as your life purpose.
- [10:52] A conventional approach – Better than writing your eulogy.
Your Thoughts & Support
If you enjoy this episode or find it helpful, please share the podcast with family and friends and leave us a review on which ever medium you are using to listen to your podcasts.
Also, if you have a topic you want to hear about on Evolving Life? contact me.
Share your review here
“The real joy in life comes from finding your true purpose and aligning it with what you do every single day.”