Patience teaches us to slow down, reflect, realize there is a better solution. No matter what obstacles we face in life.
Patience, a personality trait some of us have and many of us don’t. Those who have it, knows how to use it to achieve the results they want from life, and those who don’t struggle to understand why they don’t see immediate results with what they are trying to accomplish.
Why is patience important?
Because we need it in every part of our lives. Everything worth having takes time, and if we can’t be patient with our efforts, then we give up or we try a quick-fix approach that never works.
There is a quote that comes to mind when I think of patience. It’s from Oscar Wilde, the Irish poet. I am going to paraphrase a part of the quote. The part where he says if it’s worth having, it’s worth waiting for. Unfortunately, many of us have a hard time waiting. Let’s define what I mean by waiting.
What is impatience?
It’s an inability to wait. It’s being overly anxious, eager to make something happen without delay. You just have to think about the times you are on a line at a store, on hold, with a call, to identify impatience.
I wish I could say that only a select few have this negative trait. The reality is we all experience impatience at many points in our lives. In the podcast episode you can listen to above, you will hear six examples of how impatient affect us negatively and how to achieve the opposite result with patience.
Power of Patience Episode Highlight
- Why is patience important
- Patience allows us to evaluate the situation. Weigh the pros and cons, the whys and why not?
- When we are impatient, we personalize, which simply means we blame ourselves
- A characteristic of an optimist is patience. They view obstacles as another opportunity..
- Lack of patience affects our mental and physical health.
Episode at a glance
- 0:26 – What Patience is
- 0:36 – Why is Patience so Important?
- 2:20 – The Definition of Impatience
- 3:11 – The times Impatience doesn’t Linger
- 4:26 – Clouds our Judgement
- 6:03 – Contributes To Negativity
- 6:23 – Half Full-Half Empty Metaphor
- 8:00 – Complicates Things
- 10:28 – Discouragement
- 11:36 – Our Ability To Improve
- 12:33 – Mental & Physical Health
- 13:54 – Thoughts
Your Thoughts & Support
If you enjoy this episode or find it helpful, please share the podcast with family and friends and leave us a review on which ever medium you are using to listen to your podcasts.
Also, if you have a topic you want to hear about on Evolving Life? contact me.
Share your review here
“Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” – John Quincy Adams