Good Habits sustained, not only help you achieve your goals, but make you feel like the champion of your life.
The habits we perform everyday can either make our efforts to achieve the things we want in life easier or harder. Developing good habits that are important because they can actually change your life. Good habits sustained can help you accomplish your goals. They can make you feel like the champion of your own life.
There is a quote that is so à propos to the subject of this post that I want to share. It’s one of my favorite quote by philosopher Aristotle. Here is what he said:
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Why do I love this quote?
I am many will agree with me when I say sometimes I get frustrated with myself because I feel as if an event, a situation, in my life is just not what I want it to be. And you know, us humans are never easy on ourselves. We are the first to berate and judge ourselves for not being able to live up to our self-defined expectations.
Then I think of this quote and I remind myself of a few things. First, that perfection is a myth, that in time I can and will do better and accomplish what I want.The key is not giving up and yes, working on the things I do every day, such as my habits. Eventually, I will achieve the results I want.
What Is Habits?
Habits are the small decision we make and actions we perform every day. That, if done consistently, becomes subconscious actions that impact our lives.
Habits Episode Highlight
- We can’t stop our lives from changing. We can do our best to change in a manner we are happy with.
- Understand the difference between routines and habits.
- Why expecting to form habits without established routines will fail
- Habits are also deliberate choices we make to improve ourselves
- It’s our habits businesses in the business of selling product and services use. Because they know habits change lives and affect our decisions.
Episode at a glance
- 2:45 – What frustrates me
- 3:32 – Explore your unique situation
- 3:45 – What are routines?
- 6:00 – What builds habits?
- 8:15 – A definition of habits
- 9:55 – Habit formation process
- 11:44 – What we don’t think about
- 12:58 – Altruism in retail & our lives
- 14:33 – Reflection
- 16:55 – Focusing intentions
- 17:27 – Challenge
- 18:10 – Spirituality
- 19:20 – An open mind
- 21:30 – Laughter
- 22:35 – What can happen when stressed, bored, etc?
- 23:40 – Early risers
- 25:35 – Final thoughts
Your Thoughts & Support
If you enjoy this episode or find it helpful, please share the podcast with family and friends and leave us a review on which ever medium you are using to listen to your podcasts.
Also, if you have a topic you want to hear about on Evolving Life? contact me.
Share your review here
“You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” – John C. Maxwell